Tuesday 23 November 2010

Planning my Photography for my Music Magazine

I had a very strong idea on how I wanted my photographs to look when writing my article, the personality I had created for Shawnee was alike to that of Taylor Momsen. Taylor Momsen had inspired me before in my school magazine so I wanted my photographs and interviewee to be a continuation of the idea I had previously used. Shawnee is an independent, slightly moody teenager with a kick of attitude, so I wanted to show this through the images. I had created a collage/mood board of photographs that I have collected that have inspired me to create my photographs.

In the article there is a quote that inspired me to create the photograph for the double page spread, “WTF! I hate being labelled”. I also researched the idea of labelling and to see if there was anything that already existed that was similar to my idea. I had found an image that was perfect inspiration.



This was just the image I was looking for, to show someone holding a sign/label, I wanted to show her frustration with the idea of being labelled which would help link the image to the article. WTF would be written on this label as I thought it would give the photograph I bit more attitude and it would show her to have a tougher edge.



On my collage there are three images of Taylor Momsen that I like. I will take aspects from these to create the look/position/facial expression of the model that will be featured in my music magazine.
In my mind the image is shown to have a darker look but at the same time to be well/brightly lighted to help the cover seem bright. I want the majority of the model to be featured on the cover to allow the audience to identify with her.

The whole fashion aspect of photograph’s were again inspired by Taylor Momsen’s style, dark and moody minus the whole ‘hooker chic’ thing as I wanted the photograph’s to suit the language used in the article.



 
In my contents page I want the attention to be focused on someone other than Shawnee, so included several other artists/bands on the cover of my magazine. I chose to focus on the ‘rock out with robyn’ as I feel were still talking about rock. The image itself was inspired by the work of Cindy Sherman, which I thought would give the magazine some maturity.  


Cindy Sherman’s Photograph




My Contents Page Photograph



No comments:

Post a Comment